Beaumont Blitz Fastball is currently seeking coaches for the 2020 Season.
If you have a love for softball and want to help grow the game, we would love to have you join us.
Still need convincing? Read below.
There are many reasons why people get involved in coaching softball. Here are a few:
- As parents we want to spend time with our child in an active way;
- as individuals we want to volunteer and get involved in our community;
- as teachers we have taken on extra-curricular school activities;
- as athletes we want to pursue our passion in a different direction and give back to our community;
- as fans we simply love sport and want to give coaching a try.
But what does a coach do?
A softball coach strives to do the following:
- Encourage young athletes to be active and to have fun;
- plan purposeful practices and create engaging activities;
- lead their participants in developing gross motor skills;
- help participants identify how to improve their performance by providing constructive criticism and advice;
- manage problems by making ethical and respectful decisions
- enable safe participation by creating a safe environment
- teach others how to respect themselves, others, and their sport.
In short, when you become a coach, you help others reach higher, both in sport and in life!
(adapted from coaches.ca/coaching-the-basics)