Beaumont Blitz Fastball is currently seeking coaches for the upcoming softball season
If you have a love for softball and want to help grow the game, we would love to have you join us.
Download the application & email it to email@example.com
Still need convincing? Read below.
There are many reasons why people get involved in coaching softball. Here are a few:
- As parents we want to spend time with our child in an active way;
- as individuals we want to volunteer and get involved in our community;
- as teachers we have taken on extra-curricular school activities;
- as athletes we want to pursue our passion in a different direction and give back to our community;
- as fans we simply love sport and want to give coaching a try.
But what does a coach do?
A softball coach strives to do the following:
- Encourage young athletes to be active and to have fun;
- plan purposeful practices and create engaging activities;
- lead their participants in developing gross motor skills;
- help participants identify how to improve their performance by providing constructive criticism and advice;
- manage problems by making ethical and respectful decisions
- enable safe participation by creating a safe environment
- teach others how to respect themselves, others, and their sport.
In short, when you become a coach, you help others reach higher, both in sport and in life!
(adapted from coaches.ca/coaching-the-basics)
Email us if you are interested and still have questions.
A coach’s first step in their training pathway will be to complete the required eLearning module(s) before participating in a face-to-face workshop.
- Foundations of Coaching Softball Part 1
- Foundations of Coaching Softball Part 2
- MED Making Ethical Decisions
- Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders
The second step is to take the Community Softball Coaching Clinic. These clinics are in-person and are offered at various times during the pre-season. Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Below is a list of other online learning opportunities that coaches may be interested in:
- Safe Sport Training (Free/2 PD)
- NCCP Creating a Positive Sport Environment
- Mental Health in Sport (Free/1 PD)
- Making Head Way (Free/5 PD)
- NCCP Sport Nutrition
- NCCP Emergency Action Plan (Free/1 PD)
- Coaching Athletes with a Disability
- Diversity and Inclusion in Action (Free/1 PD)
- Coach Initiation in Sport
- Commit to Kids for Coaches
- Keeping Girls in Sport
- Gender Equity LENS
- Coaching Kids of All Abilities: Welcoming All Abilities
- Sport for Life Campus